BakeSmart has quite a few ways to customize the software to fit in with the way your bakery operates. This article will go over the general options available to every order.
To get to Order settings click Menu > Settings > Orders.
- Default Order Type - If this field is set every order will default to the specified order type.
- Default Entry Method - If this field is set ever order will default to the specified entry method.
- Determine Order Taxability Based On - This setting will tell BakeSmart what tax setting to apply to orders
- Allow Taken By Field To Be Edited - Checking this box will allow the Taken By field of the order to be changed. The Taken By field is how BakeSmart determines which employee took a particular order.
- Prompt For Reason When Order Canceled - Will prompt order taker to choose from list of pre-determined cancelation reasons.
- Cancelation Reasons - List of reasons that will be presented to a user when an order is cancelled and the option to Prompt For Reason When Order Canceled is checked.
- Sources - List of available sources to be chosen from when a user selects a source on the Other Info tab of an order.
- Occasions - List of available occasions to be chosen from when the user selects an occasion on the Other Info tab of an order.
- Entry Methods - List of available entry methods to be chosen from when the user selects an Entry Method on the Other Info tab of an order
Require A Deposit - When checked BakeSmart will require a deposit on any orders. There are a few options for deposits. You can require a simple dollar amount deposit for every order or you can make the deposit a percentage of the order price. Select your deposit type and then fill in the amount/percentage in the Deposit Amount field. You can also set a minimum order amount to require a deposit by putting a dollar amount in the Only On Orders Over field. Finally BakeSmart will allow for the deposit requirement to be overridden. For this to happen this box must be checked and the user overriding the deposit must have that permission on their user account.
Standing Orders - If BakeSmart has the wholesale module turned on there are some settings that can be customized for the Standing Orders functionality. Create Standing Orders x Days in Advance tells BakeSmart how many days before a standing orders' Date Required to add the order to BakeSmart. It's best to leave the other 2 settings alone unless directed to by BakeSmart support.
Invoices - Match Invoice Date To Order Date will set the date of an invoice to the date required of the order.